Who are we?
Save Ontario Shores Inc. (SOS) is a local grass roots citizens’ organization formed to address the health, safety, and environmental concerns of the residents of the towns of Yates and Somerset over the industrial wind project (Lighthouse Wind) proposed by Apex.
What is next? How can I help?
Despite the accomplishments over the last 4 years, our battle continues. SOS is funded exclusively by generous local individuals. When (or if) the project goes to application, we will be entering the most expensive portion of the opposition with mounting expert and legal fees. If you have already donated and helped us, we thank you!
We need continued and additional support; please consider a monthly, occasional or one time donation to our fight against the siting of industrial turbines in our beautiful communities by clicking the DONATE button to the right.
Checks can be made out to:
Save Ontario Shores Inc.,
PO Box 382
Lyndonville, NY 14098
What have we done so far?
- Communication to local communities via website, mailings, press releases, newsletters and presentations
- Conducted a survey for input from the local community
- Lobbied local, state and federal legislators
- Kept the press informed via articles, editorials, and letters to the editor
- Made informative presentations to town boards, county legislators, health departments and local organizations
- Submitted documents, letters, and comments on the proposed project on the Public Service Commission (PSC) website
SOS is 100% funded by generous local individuals.