Who are we?
Save Ontario Shores Inc. (SOS) is a local grass roots citizens’ organization formed to address the health, safety, and environmental concerns of the residents of the towns of Yates and Somerset over the industrial wind project (Lighthouse Wind) proposed by Apex.
What have we done so far?
- Communication to local communities via website, mailings, press releases, newsletters and presentations
- Conducted a survey for input from the local community
- Lobbied local, state and federal legislators
- Kept the press informed via articles, editorials, and letters to the editor
- Made informative presentations to town boards, county legislators, health departments and local organizations
- Submitted documents, letters, and comments on the proposed project on the Public Service Commission (PSC) website
What is next? How can I help?
Despite the above accomplishments over the last 13 months, our battle continues. SOS is funded exclusively by generous local individuals.
We are entering the most expensive portion of the opposition with mounting expert and legal fees. If you have already donated and helped us, we thank you!
We need continued and additional support; please consider a monthly, occasional or one time donation to our fight against the siting of industrial turbines in our beautiful communities by clicking the DONATE button to the right or sending a check made out to Save Ontario Shores Inc., PO Box 216, Lyndonville, NY 14098.
Checks can be sent to:
Save Ontario Shores, Inc.
PO Box 216
Lyndonville, NY 14098
|Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
SOS is entering the most expensive portion of the opposition with mounting legal and expert witness fees. Please consider a monthly donation. We are 100% funded by generous local individuals. Please consider joining
this work by giving what you can. SOS is a not for profit corporation and it
is not a tax exempt organization, so donations are not deductible for tax